24 November 2009

The time has come!!!

Finally the time has actually come where I can visit the country known as Japan. It has been a long time coming. Ever since the age of maybe 16 I have wanted to visit Japan.

I was able to get 3 weeks off from work. I would like to stay longer in Japan however with a full time job its not possible to take long periods off work.

I will be staying in Tokyo from the 1st - 20th January. I decided to fly with Virgin Atlantic because my friends are flying with them and I want the air miles just in case I decide to fly to Jamaica with Air Jamaica in the near future.

I'm a bit annoyed at the cost of the ticket, I only wanted to spend around £500 on the ticket. But it the end it turned out to be £669 return just for the flight alone. The guesthouse I will be staying works out to be around £280 for the 3 weeks.

As of right now I am trying to decide what I want to do Tokyo and where I want to visit. I already know what clubs I want to visit but I don't know what sights I want to see. It seems like my interest in Japan has waned over the years. Apart from Reggae music/clubs in Japan I don't know what else I am going there for. Japanese Urban music and their love for Reggae music seem to be my main interests in Japan at the moment.

I think I will have to think long and hard about what I really want to experience from this trip otherwise it might end up to be a waste of time and money.

No comments: