1 September 2008

About

Welcome to my Asian Blog aka Journey to da East!

I originally created this blog back in 2008 for me to inform everyone about my time in China whilst I was volunteering as an English Teacher. I decided to create this blog was because I had not seen any other blogs about teaching in China coming from a black persons perspective. Because of this I thought it would be a great idea to document my experience there using this blog. However I later realised while I was in China that this would not be the only time I would visit Asia.

Earlier last year (2010) I went to Tokyo for a holiday were I was able to visit a lot of interesting places as well as meet a lot of new people. Japan for me has always been somewhere that I found interesting and before I went to China I wanted to live and work in Japan. Before I got the opportunity to go to China I applied to teach in Japan via the Jet Programme but I was unsuccessful.

Late last year I decided to apply to teach in Japan once again. I felt now would be as good a time as any to go to Japan. At the time I didn't have any commitments here in London so nothing was really holding me back from exploring Japan to the fullest! Unlike China I plan to stay in Japan for at least 1 year. Depending on how much I enjoy living and working in Japan that year could turn in to 2 years or maybe more. So the majority if not all the posts you will see on the blog will be about my time in Japan. Unfortunately I do not know when my next trip to China will be.

If you have anything you would like to ask me or something you would like me to discuss on the blog please feel free to leave me a comment on any post or you contact me at this address:


Thank you for taking the time to vist the blog. Please also check out the blogs facebook page, twitter account and youtube channel.

last updated: 12.03.11

No comments: