11 March 2011

Latest Earthquake in Japan recorded at 8.9!

I'm sure everyone has already heard about the Earthquake (recorded at 8.9 on the richter scale) that has hit North-Eastern Japan. Shortly after the Earthquake that area of Japan was with by a Tsunami with a height of up to 10 meters (32.8ft). The aftershock was felt in Tokyo and as far as Beijing in China.


Originally when I first heard about the Earthquake it was on the radio during their news segment. I didn't think much of it because I know Japan is a place that is used to receiving many Earthquakes. It wasn't until I started to watch what was happening on the TV that I began to realise it was quite serious.

Whilst I was watching the events unfold on TV it did make me think that I could had possibly been involved in this disaster if my start date was slightly earlier. I spent the majority of the day tuned in to BBC News to find out as much information about this disaster as possible. I also thought about my friend who was in Tokyo on holiday but luckily I found out later he was ok.

I just hope that all of my friends and their families in Japan are safe. But I believe this Earthquake will be remembered by the Japanese people and the world for quite some time.

No comments: